THE VILLAGE HALL IS TEMPORARILY CLOSED TO THE PUBLIC
The Village of Campton Hills is aware of the growing concern surrounding COVID-19. Here at the Village Hall, the utmost priority is to support YOU, YOUR FAMILY, and YOUR BUSINESSES. However, we also recognize that the need to maintain a healthy team of employees and Officers, as it is paramount to fulfill the needs of the Community. With that said, the Village of Campton Hills has closed access to the Village Hall Lobby. Nearly all services normally available in-person at the Village Hall will temporarily be handled over the phone, via email, or sent through standard mail services. The Village Hall will NOT be allowing the public access to the building at this time, for ANY reason. The decision was made in the community’s best interest, as the Village continues to consult with Public Health officials and County/State leaders throughout this time. Minimizing employee interactions with the Public is just one more step to in being precautionary through the time period of COVID-19. To contact the Village Staff, you can still call 630-584-5700 or 630-524-6250.
VIRTUAL VILLAGE BOARD MEETING : JUNE 2nd, 2020 at 7 p.m.
Due to COVID-19 The Village of Campton Hills is now conducting VIRTUAL Village Board meetings. We are doing this to be considerate of the Public, and our employees, as a means to limit potential exposure. While this meeting is not PHYSICALLY open to the Public, the meeting will be fully accessible to ALL VIA Zoom. You may remotely access this meeting through either of the means below. For help accessing, or more information regarding Zoom, please contact Ashley Gregory, Executive Assistant, at the Village at (630)-524-6250.
Zoom App: Meeting ID is: 967 6597 8932 - Zoom Call-In Number is: (312)626-6799 – 967 6597 8932
Virtual Public Comments/Directions – Limited to 3 minutes per individual
- An individual may E-mail their Public Comment (including full name and question/comment) to firstname.lastname@example.org prior to 6:45 pm on 6-2-2020. Any Public comments emailed in prior to 6:45 p.m. will be read on the record by the Village Clerk during this section of the Open Meeting. OR
- An individual can also participate during this section of the meeting by notifying the Meeting Host of their question/comment through the “Raising Hand,” option within the Zoom platform.
- First join the meeting, to be admitted.
- Second, find the bottom toolbar option that says “Participants.” Click on Participants, which will then open a new window. If it does not, you can access this by pressing “Alt U,” on your keyboard as a shortcut.
- Third, in that window, you will be able to see ALL participants in the live meeting. That window will also present 2-3 additional options, including one that reads, “Raise Hand.”
- By clicking “Raise Hand,” the meeting host will be made aware that you would like to participate, as a blue hand will now appear by your name on the righthand side.
- When it is your turn, the Host will unmute you, and ask you to present your full name and your question/comment to the Board.
- When your time/question/comment is complete, please remember to click the “Lower Hand,” option. We thank you.
ATTENTION VILLAGE RESIDENTS :
If you are currently concerned with a STORM-WATER/DRAINAGE issue at your property, please complete the form BELOW. Thank you.
Important details about the positions:
- A local hire’s term of employment is 120 days. Appointments may be extended, in 120-day increments, for a maximum 365-day appointment, based on the needs of the disaster.
- Travel or moving expenses are not authorized.
- Successful hires will be assigned to and work within one of 23 Cadres, which are groups of personnel organized by operational function and FEMA Qualification System (FQS) position.
- Cadre assignments will be based on an individual candidate’s skills and experience.
FEMA is seeking candidates with experience in delivering Stafford Act Public Assistance grant funding.
In this position, the incumbent will report to the Public Assistance Program Delivery Task Force Lead and serve as the primary point of contact for the applicant. Typical assignments include:
- Facilitating the delivery of Public Assistance grant funding on behalf of Applicants; this includes (but is not limited to) developing the list of damaged sites, scheduling site inspections, summarizing applicant damages, and coordinating requests for information and questions.
- Working with the applicants to resolve their program related needs ensuring projects are processed as efficiently and expeditiously as possible.
- Tracking and communicating the progress of all projects through the entire program delivery model in coordination with the Applicant.
- Engaging program offices as soon as potential opportunities or concerns arise.
- Discussing potential Hazard Mitigation opportunities with the Applicant.
- Hosting key information meetings ensuring recovery priorities and program eligibility requirements are communicated.
- Gathering all required documentation to enable FEMA to write grants so the applicant can be returned to their Pre-Disaster condition as soon as possible.
Again, all hiring is conducted via USAJobs.gov. This announcement will close at 11:59 pm Eastern Time (ET) on Tuesday, May 26, 2020 OR at 11:59 pm ET on the day the application limit is received, whichever comes first.
Click here to access information and the application in regards to the COVID-19 Emergency Grant Assistance Program
Hard Copies of the entire packet are also available in the entryway of the Village Hall, should you prefer to pick one up. When you walk into the entryway of the Village Hall there is a bench on the right hand side, packets will be available on the bench.
All it takes to sign up is a valid email address. If you would like Ashley Gregory, Executive Assistant, to help you sign up just call the Village at (630) 524-6250.
- Luau Coffee - https://www.luaucoffeewasco.com/- 40W450 IL-64 - (630) 514-9440
- Old Towne Pub - https://www.otpwasco.com/ - 40W290 LaFox Rd. – 630-513-4240
- Mel’s Diner - 40W160 Campton Crossings Dr. - (630) 549-6766
- Dairy Queen – https://www.dairyqueen.com - 40W301 IL-64. - (630) 584-7390
- Shimas Sushi- http://www.shimas-sushi.com/#/ -40W222 LaFox Rd.– (630) 444-1790
- Lupitas Cocina - https://www.lupitascocina.com/ - 40W222 LaFox Rd. (630) 377-0706
- Balmoral Restaurant – http://www.balmoralrestaurant.com/ - 40W099 IL-64 (331) 901 - 5224
- Chime & Stave - https://www.chimeandstave.com/ - -40W188 Campton Crossings Dr. (630) 549-6537
- Taylor Street Pizza – http://taylorstpizza.com/ - 40W301 IL-64 – (630) 587-0124
- Josephs Pizza Cucina – https://josephspizzacucina.com/ - 40W450 IL-64 - (630) 762- 0222
- Subway- https://order.subway.com - 40W222 LaFox Rd. – (630) 513 - 8661
- McDonalds – https://www.mcdonalds.com - 40W225 IL-64 – (630) 587-2671
- The Lodge on 64 – https://www.thelodgeon64.com/- 41W379 IL-64 – (630) 443 – 8000
- Sports Restaurant – http://sportrestaurant51.com/ - 40W134 Campton Crossings Dr. (630) 557-8697
- China Garden – https://www.greatchinagarden.com - 40W160 Campton Crossings - (630) 513- 8333 _______________________________________________________________________________
CENSUS DAY WAS APRIL 1st
KEEP YOUR SUBMITTING YOUR SELF RESPONSES.
So far our self response rate on the Census is excellent.
It is so important that you respond so that we have adequate funding for the services that are most important to you- our community. The village’s largest revenue sources come from per capita funding from the State of Illinois. An accurate population count is critical. If you have not yet gone online to respond please do so at my220census.gov.
DRAFT Zoning Code - Project
The DRAFT Zoning Code is NOW available for public review. To read more about the project, including information on how to comment go here. The Consultant, Camiros, Ltd, has provided two maps for the project. One is a Proposed Zoning Map Draft. The second is a map of Areas of Change Draft. Both maps on public display at the Village Hall during regular business hours.
NOTE: This a DRAFT document that has NOT been adopted by the Village Board. Presently the Village is seeking public input on the DRAFT Code and the related zoning maps. There is NO set date, at this time, as to when the Village Board will consider changes to the existing zoning code. Further, the required public hearing before the Planning & Zoning Commission has NOT been scheduled at this time either.
Entrusted by its citizens, the Village of Campton Hills is dedicated to delivering municipal services in the most responsive, cost effective and efficient/proficient manner. Campton Hills is committed to upholding high quality of life standards by supporting its school districts, maintaining family values and agriculture traditions, preserving natural resources, encouraging environmental stewardship, supporting passive and active recreational opportunities, honoring rural heritage and generating a strong business foundation for present and future residents and visitors.